Full Time, Employee
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and advanced level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. High level expertise in the area of system administration for server operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a superior service to the customers of the department.
Typically assigned to tasks that are complex and/or are specific, single function and not routine or repetitive operations. Works on multiple tasks at a time and manages work effectively by prioritizing own assignments, schedules, and meetings resulting in efficient completion of work. High-level knowledge of principles, practices, standards, and procedures in one or more functions of the job.
Actively coordinates with team members and other groups to effectively perform general and routine requests such as backup, restores, permissions changes, patch application, and testing. Provides advanced Windows Server and administration support for daily operations. Follows procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, firewalls, and peripherals. Review and monitor systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability. Provide reports and capacity data to support metrics for hardware warranty, software licensing and asset management systems.
Contributes to research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies, processes, upgrades to Windows infrastructure enhancements by identifying when established procedures are not working and there are gaps in processes, and makes recommendations for improvements. Develops and edits customer and technical support knowledge base documentation.
Stays current with relevant advances in technologies. Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of IT policies and procedures, hardware, software, and technical services. This can include: on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, and testing.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business computing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, and working independently to successfully implement Windows Server (e.g. 2008, 2012 R2) or relevant coursework including applications, operating system and hardware layers.
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network.
• Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform complex administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring).
• Familiarity with current computer technology and applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).