Full Time, Employee
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to handle Accounts Payable. This position is an integral part of the finance team and works in collaboration within all departments of the organization. This may be the job for you if you are amazing with spreadsheets, have attention to detail and work well independently and as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Matches & enters invoices in Oracle – analyzing for pricing, terms of payment, and other charges.
- Trains new associates on the requisition process.
- Reviews expense reports and audits for any non-compliance. Communicates any necessary changes.
- Closes the accounting period and performs analysis on AP postings.
- Gains thorough understanding of the general ledger/cost center structures
- Balances intercompany AP ledgers.
- Identifies errors, inconsistencies and suggests ways to improve efficiency.
- Processes due invoices for payments.
- Prints checks and processes online payments.
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance recording entries and reconciling book of accounts.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Investigate and solve issues associated with processing of invoices.
- Manages company credit cards (PNC and Wex).
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable.
- Understanding of basic accounting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Education BS/BA required
- Language and Communication Skills: Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Mathematical Skills Advanced Mathematical and knowledge of accounting
- Reasoning Strong reasoning and problem solving skills