Full Time, Employee
Harrisburg area (remote)
Seeking an Operations and Finance Manager who will report directly to the CEO and oversee internal accounting systems, including AR, AP, payroll, and internal operations (HR functions). Opportunity to grow a department that interfaces with internal and external team members.
- Oversee mail distribution, bill, and invoice processing.
- Oversee the selection of vendors and the purchase of office equipment and supplies.
- Support the CEO in renewing/updating government certifications.
- Support project leaders with logistics and project report generation as required.
- Manage copier and maintenance services, technical support, and other internal operations.
- Develop and implement procedures and policies for all administrative activities.
Accounting – Proficiency in Accounting Required
- Manage accounts receivable transactions, including receipt of invoices, processing of payments, and record-keeping in QuickBooks Online (QB).
- Prepare client invoices/accounts payable transactions, working closely with timesheet data, subcontractor invoices, and input from internal project managers.
- Coordinate accounting activities with outsourced accounting resources.
- Conduct quality review of outsourced accounting resource deliverables.
- Responsible for project set-up and resource management in QB
- Manage timekeeping in QB.
- Manage payroll processing.
- Manage state registration and tax payment notifications.
- Track and analyze operational costs and monitor budget.
- Manage bank transactions (deposits, ACH payments, Line of Credit)
Human Resource Management
- Facilitate employee onboarding.
- Maintain human resource record-keeping.
- Manage timesheet completion and approval.
- Support handbook revisions, policy development and oversight.
- Manage health insurance open-enrollment annually
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field required. M.B.A., CPA certification a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with SharePoint, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Teams.
- Proficient and experienced with all aspects of QuickBooks Online.
- Three – to five years of professional experience as an accountant, office manager, or business manager, dependent on educational experience.
- Management consulting, government contracting, and service industry experience a plus.