Full Time, Employee
The Inside Sales Rep will handle complex customer orders, inquiries about products ordered, and support customers through technical applications. The inside sales rep will maintain ongoing relationships with selected customers and sales staff, particularly those focused on technical applications of the product or service. Uses technical knowledge of products, product availability, sales territories, and individual customers to provide a key communications link to the customer. May handle multiple product markets. =
- Records and processes moderately complex orders and/or inquiries received by mail, telephone, and/or through personal customer contact.
- Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information within established guidelines.
- Suggests additional and/or alternative products or services to meet customer needs.
- Checks and approves credit within established limitations, and confirms orders.
- Researches and obtains resolution of a variety of customer complaints and issues.
- Serves as link between customers and sales staff to assure responsiveness.
- Tracks order activity and alerts appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems. Expedites the delivery of selected orders.
- Resolves technical difficulties and issues with the customer.
- Perform material take-offs of plans to generate quotes
- Create material submittal packages and certification letters
- Minimum 5 years of sales and/or technical experience water works industry
- Sales order entry/purchasing experience
- Experience reading blueprints-estimating and takeoffs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments as needed to complete tasks on time
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivated can-do attitude
- Ability to start and stop projects, reprioritizing as needed in this dynamic environment without frustration