Full Time, Employee
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The ETL/Data Integration Lead focuses on movement of data across systems with the primary focus on moving data from source transactional systems to the data warehouse environment. This role sets enterprise data movement standard framework, methods, guidelines and principles across the Agency. The ETL/Data lead is a hands on role that works with technical source system owners, Enterprise Application Architects, and the Business Intelligence (BI) Architect to ensure high quality and complete data is delivered in a timely manner to the data warehouse environment and/or data feeds ensuring monitoring and daily load status reports are provided. Additionally, the ETL/Data Integration Lead takes part in and maintains the on call ETL support schedule with the Sr. Manager of Data & Analytics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ETL Development (80%)
• Define ETL framework, methods, guidelines and principles. Apply subject matter expertise to the Informatica and Python ETL processes to make improvements and recommendations for change then implement said changes.
• Ensure that integrity and manage the change control process of the ETL code repository.
• Collaborate with source system technical owners, BI Architect, and AWS resources to create data stream solutions to move data from on premise and cloud based system to the data lake and data warehouse environment.
• Create data flow blueprints that illustrate how information flows through the Agency to create ETL processes.
• Work with application owners and reporting owners to create data feed process to support B2B integrations.
• Work with application project teams to assess source system change impact to ETL processes.
• Collaborate with Data Analysts and BI Architect to create and update source to target mappings (STM).
• Provide data integration subject matter expertise during Program Increment (PI) planning sessions.
• Maintain ETL/Data integration agile management stories with delivery to dates to ensure Safe Agile processes are adhered to.
• Provide guidance to ETL project team members, ETL support team, and other users of the Informatica production across the enterprise.
• Collaborate with others to document and socialize ETL/Data integration standards and processes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
• Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging technology.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Engineering preferred; 10+ years of Information Technology (IT)-related experience and Expert level knowledge with current hands on experience building data integration processes using eight years minimum using Informatica; or the equivalent combination of knowledge, training, and/or experience.
• Advanced experience in using a data lake as an ETL target and ETL source.
• Demonstrated expert in the implementation of data integration processes for large scale data warehouses.
• Expert in building initial load and change data capture (CDC) ETL jobs in Informatica for near real time data loads.
• Advanced in STM requirement creation and Planning.
• Demonstrated advanced experience in building data steams on an agile project.
• Proficient in the creation of data flow diagrams and documentation for data integration processes.
• Demonstrated deep understanding of SQL syntax using various relational database engines (i.e. IBM Relational Database DB2, SQL Server, Oracle).
• Experience in collaborating and leveraging resources.
• Experience providing mentoring, leadership, and direction in a result-oriented environment.
• Advanced knowledge of data warehousing data structures and usage.
• Proficient knowledge of data sourcing from NoSQL (i.e. Cassandra, Hadoop Database HBase, Mongo).
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed expectations in a work remote environment.