Full Time, Employee
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the strategic direction, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition and management, performance management, employee relations and engagement, and compliance efforts. This role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and acts on them accordingly.
• Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the mission and strategic vision.
• Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management team regarding key organizational and management issues. Analyze trends and metrics and make recommendations for development and/or improvement of policies, procedures and practices related to employee relations matters and employee engagement.
• Hire, train, manage and retain a high caliber human resources team. Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function. Coach staff members to provide HR support to employees and managers.
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with general counsel/legal department as needed or required.
• Work closely and directly with department managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase retention. Coach, guide and assist managers in carrying out their responsibilities on employee relations matters. Provide oversight on performance counseling, performance management, and prevention of adverse incidents.
• Document and manage employee files, maintain confidentiality of files and access to records. Notify and escalate any corporate risk and proactively manage the mitigation of risk with senior leadership and general counsel/legal.
• Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
• In collaboration with counsel, manage the employment visa and permanent residency processes. Maintain required records and files in accordance with immigration laws and procedures. Coordinates required employment reporting.
This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Human Resources Management, Organization Development or related program. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years of human resources or related experience with three to five years’ experience in a supervisory role.
• At least a year of successful experience in a higher education setting preferred.
• SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or equivalent work experience in a manager level human resources position.