Full Time, Employee
We have an immediate need for a Systems Administrator someone who will be responsible for technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for critical enterprise systems. We are looking for a “hands on” critical thinker and someone who can work both independently and can also collaborate well as part of the team.
The successful candidate will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for server operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management.
- Actively coordinates with team members and other groups to effectively perform general and routine requests such as backup, restores, permissions changes, patch application, and testin
- Responsible for maintaining and updating knowledge of IT policies and procedures, hardware, software, and technical services. This can include: on-the-job training, attending technical courses or conferences, reading, research, and testin
- Provides advanced Windows Server and administration support for daily operations.
- Follows procedures and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, firewalls, and peripherals.
- Supports and collaborates with team members, software vendors, and other technical staff on project efforts to achieve implementation plans and timelines.
- Review and monitor systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability.
- Provide reports and capacity data to support metrics for hardware warranty, software licensing and asset management systems.
- Contributes to research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies, processes, upgrades to Windows infrastructure enhancements
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business computing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, and working independently to successfully implement Windows Server (e.g. 2008, 2012 R2) or relevant coursework including applications, operating system and hardware layers.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP networ
- Demonstrated ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform complex administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring).
- Familiarity with current computer technology and applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, and collaboration applications).
For more information, please send us your resume and an SGC representative will be in touch soon.