Full Time, Employee
This role is responsible for multiple networking environments or systems. The Senior Network Administrator applies in depth knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, wireless technologies, VoIP, and VPN configurations. Also, participates as a subject matter expert in network expansion and enhancement projects. The Senior Network Administrator reviews and approves network design recommendations and implementation services provided by third parties and business partners. His/Her work typically spans the scope of complex projects, and he/she contributes to project planning. The role typically requires a BS or equivalent, and more than four years of related and progressively more responsible experience. Candidates holding a current Cisco CCNA Certification are highly preferred.
- Monitor and maintain day to day operation of network terminating equipment and/or appliances to insure continued operation as implemented.
- Recover lost network functionality causing a business interruption within agreed upon organizational service level objectives.
- Manage and update documentation that describes network topologies and implemented network solutions.
- Perform troubleshooting on all network technologies. This includes switches, routers, wireless, VPN, and voice systems.
- Identify specific failures and failure trends, and resolve network design and maintenance issues.
- Install and support local area and wide area network segments, including Internet access and intranet systems.
- Ensure all network designs meet HIPPA, SOX, and PCI compliance requirements.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Create and assign routing protocols and routing table configurations.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and periodic exercises.
- Participate in implementation projects that are heavily reliant on the network infrastructure such as Voice-over-IP (VoIP) systems, which include cabling, installation, troubleshooting, and purchasing.
- Participate in the configuration and troubleshooting of firewall configurations/setup.
- Apply knowledge in all areas of responsibility including an awareness of the state-of-the-art in network functionality, security, and quality assurance.
- Create technical network designs for medium to large projects.
- Generally operate under deadlines and may be subject to heavy workloads
The Senior Network Administrator must be self-motivated, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, be well organized, have a desire for personal growth, and possess the ability to work in a dynamic environment and comply with company standards and procedures.
The Senior Network Administrator works in a corporate environment and may be asked to remotely connect to servers and network devices using a virtual private network (VPN) outside of typical working hours. Also, periodic travel may be involved.