Full Time, Employee
We have an immediate opportunity for a Solutions Engineer who will provide customer-focused support for data center solutions around VMware, data storage, servers, hyper-converged, networking, and security.
This position will work in a team environment and will provide support to customers in small/medium/enterprise markets across commercial, education, and government verticals.
- Proactively monitor dashboards and program statuses, providing operational awareness to customers and ensuring all issues and incidents are responded to in a timely manner and tracked to resolution
- Address issues quickly against SLA requirements
- Document implemented solutions with diagrams, and daily customer reports
- Deliver services per Statement of Work (SOW), best practice guides/processes, system integration documents, network design workbooks, and/or engagement overviews
- Coordinate with customer’s on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues
- Keep track of and adhere to all administrative responsibilities in support of service delivery operations
- Provide information to customers about their environments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing potential issues
- Be a self-starter with the ability to see a need and proactively take steps to resolving the issue. Also, pick up and learn new products with little supervision, as well as adapt to a variety of situations and tasks
- Continually update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, configuration techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university preferred, with emphasis in STEM majors a plus
- Three to five years of equivalent work experience
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with customers to ensure successful system support
Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and certifications in two or more of the following areas:
- Servers: Hyper-converged, Rack or Blade Servers (Dell preferred)
- Data Storage: Compellent, Dell, EMC
- Storage Area Networking: FC, iSCSI, FCoE
- Networking: Cisco CCNA, Dell Force 10
For more information regarding this opportunity, please send us your resume and we will be in touch!