Full Time, Employee
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
We are seeking a Software Administrator (Thunderhead/Smart Communications). The Software Administrator is part of a team responsible for administering information, applications, products and systems as directed by a Technical Lead or a Manager. This position supports, maintains and documents the systems which are critical in supporting business operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with maintaining documentation adhering to department
- Thoroughly document system configuration and
- Assist coordination with network, database and server administrators to prepare non- production and production environments for new or enhanced systems, processes or applications.
- Work seamlessly with other teammates and cross-functional
- Participate in infrastructure architecture, such as capacity planning and
- Participate in system installation, upgrades/patches, configuration and
- Create and maintain reports, scripts, programs or other tools within systems to maintain system health and
- Help maintain system and application
- Follow the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG’s) methodology for standardized secure installation and maintenance of computer software and
- Provide user provisioning for various software applications (e.g. add, rename, and delete users).
- Configure, administer and monitor all aspects of
- Create, modify, run and maintain custom code and
- Remain current on new technology and product road
- Collaborate with architects, designers, requirements analysts, database and system administrators and developers on system and application
- Promote changes and releases through the various test, quality assurance and production systems.
- Export, import, build and deploy various system configurations and
- Systems and applications problem resolutions and production
- Provide regular business hours and on call support of systems and
- Work with vendor and internal support
- Document the cause and resolution of
- Assist in research and troubleshooting and resolving technical issues causing the unavailability of systems or applications for
- Assist in disaster recovery planning, documentation and
- Maintain technical
- Recommend process and procedure
- Research and recommend system and process design
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science and two years of administration and support experience or relevant experience or certification in computer science, information technology and at least four years administration and support experience. Equivalent combination of experience and training considered.
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and query languages (DB2 and SQL).
- Working knowledge of programming and software
- Familiar with Information Systems analysis principles and
- Familiar with Systems Development Life Cycle, including system requirements, analysis, design, development, testing and
- Familiar with various server platforms such as AIX, Linux and
- Familiar with Information Systems client-server
- Familiar with SOA/Web Services like SOAP and
- Proficient in Thunderhead and Smart Communications software
- Working knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application
- Familiar with IBM
- Familiar with IBM Tivoli Directory Server (TDS) and IBM Security Directory Suite (SDS).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Provide 24/7 support as