Full Time, Employee
The individual will focus primarily on ServiceNow development and administration via configuration, implementation, and integrations that must occur to support service projects needed to execute the ITSM Services Strategy and Roadmap.
The Product Specialist will provide technical development and environment execution of the ServiceNow product. The Product Specialist requires expert experience and skills in the ServiceNow product on which ServiceNow is implemented. Knowledge and skills required are as follows:
• Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, Script Includes, and ACLs
The Product Specialist is responsible for collaborating with personnel with internal departments, System Specialists, SMEs, and Suppliers. The Product Specialist will work closely with Process Owner, Business Analysts, ServiceNow Administrators and other ServiceNow Developers. Certification by ServiceNow as a ServiceNow Certified Developer is preferred but not a mandatory requirement.
Position Duties and Tasks:
Duties and Tasks associated with this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Function as a ServiceNow subject matter expert.
2. Configure, develop, and implement commonwealth’s ServiceNow modules per requirements, established procedures and ITIL processes.
3. Deliver support and designs required for integration with statewide systems, software products, and vendor systems.
4. Participate in the test approach, conditions, and scripts used as the basis for detailed test scenarios.
5. Provide input relating to training and/or documentation materials.
6. Effectively performs product tests and deployments.
7. Identify appropriate business examples to illustrate key concepts/features.
8. Anticipate, identify, track, and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the ITSM Service Management Automation and Integration team.
9. Participates and/or coordinates in product design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/technical requirements.
10. Provides accurate estimates for design and configuration efforts for the development and installation of new ServiceNow services, ServiceNow software changes and ServiceNow enhancements.
11. Apply specific expertise to ensure the ServiceNow tool meets defined customer objectives.
12. Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the ServiceNow tool.
13. Analyze and provide input on the functional and technical impact of product planning decisions.
14. Participate in product design reviews to verify that designs meet quality standards and functional/technical requirements.
15. Perform impact analyses on production fixes and enhancements.
16. Provide product support and provide accurate and complete answers to detailed product questions in a timely manner.
17. Perform technical research as it relates to application modification methodologies, strategies, and design.
18. Accurately set severity of identified defects.
19. Documents all work for future reference.
20. Follows quality standards.
21. Able to work in a team environment.
22. Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
23. Provide full knowledge transfer to other team members.
24. Experience with other IT tools (i.e. MS Office, Visio, etc.)
Skills (in years):
Java Script Required -Highly Desired 4-5
jQuery Optional 1-2
Angular JS frameworks Required /Desired 1-2
XML/HTML/CSS Required -Highly Desired 4-5
Ajax/Jelly Optional 1-2
REST API/SOAP/WSDL Required -Highly Desired 4-5
ITIL Process Knowledge Optional 1-2
MYSQL Optional 2-3
Certified ServiceNow Administrator (with License no.) Required