Full Time, Employee
Service Desk Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a functional work group (Service Desk) to coordinate the entry, tracking, monitoring, and resolution of associate problem calls into the Service Desk. Is the liaison between business and Information Technology operations, business systems and technical teams. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Support operations of Service Desk call center for business problems and issues of a high complexity level. This includes adherence to mandatory/regulatory security and payment card industry (PCI) standards.
- In concert with business partner, operations, business systems and technical I. T. partners, ensure operational requirements are properly defined for each project and insure the solution delivers desired results.
- Organize and manage Information Technology Service Desk personnel in the entry, tracking, monitoring, and resolution of associate problem calls into the Service Desk. This includes managing the Operations Services Service Desk work team to provide metrics reporting for trend analysis.
- Review and/or prepare detailed application (operational) specifications from which call center business systems solutions will be implemented.
- Review and/or prepare user documentation. Assure their users are properly trained in the call center application business systems they use by coordinating training activities
- Improve business processes within their assigned user area, generally involving the use of automated systems
- Maintain advanced expertise in the operations of call center application systems used by the user area, identify improvements and updates as needed, and help users redesign work flows to optimize functionality and enhance performance.
- Negotiate contracts for software, hardware, consulting, and integration services, to ensure fair pricing and to protect against loss of service and liability. Review and authorize payment of invoices for all incoming expenses related to these ongoing contracts. Escalate issues with vendors to force compliance with performance requirements of business applications (including stability, functionality, and recoverability).
- Ensure all call center application (operational) standards, controls, and procedures are established and adhered to as mandated. This includes responding to internal and external audit concerns
- Maintain awareness of trends in state-of-the-art technologies in the Information Technology call center disciplines; conduct and participate in review, evaluation, and recommendation of software products, productivity tools, and external services.
- Provide training, coaching and direction to junior members of the team.
- Direct business recovery application operational support efforts for call center application systems.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science/Business or application training, plus four (4) years’ experience with Call Center Application Software, and two (2) years’ experience managing direct reports; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information about this position, an SGC representative will be in touch immediately.