Full Time, Employee
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Senior Project Manager leads the efforts of cross-functional project teams and is responsible for the delivery of technical solutions for the Agency. Execution of project activities is the primary responsibility of the role. This includes working closely with the Product Owner, technical teams and technical solution vendor partners using high-velocity development practices. Additionally, the role applies proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and technical knowledge to work effectively with testing teams and Release Management groups. The role ensures all development work follows approved patterns and development standards, proper documentation is produced, and supporting training documentation is created.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management (70%)
• Lead delivery of multiple enterprise-wide, strategic and technical programs and projects, providing direction to project teams, other matrixed support staff, and external technology partners/vendors.
• Ensure that solution designs, technology, documentation, and testing are in alignment with patterns established by the Office of Enterprise Architecture.
• Accountable for ensuring all projects follow the software development life cycle (SDLC) identified for the type of project.
• Responsible for all aspects of effective project delivery following the Project & Portfolio Management Methodology SAFe framework, assigning responsibility and accountability for project team members required to ensure project commitments are met, managing the project scope, schedule, costs, and quality, and identifying and managing project risks.
• Ensure compliance with organizational standards, leading practices, and methodologies.
• Lead and utilize best practices for documentation and knowledge sharing to team efforts.
• Maintain advanced-level understanding of systems and applications.
• Influence project teams with appropriate level of involvement, delivering input and perspective needed in order to meet deliverable deadlines.
• Communicate accurate, timely project status and deliverables for the executive management level
• Coordinate with other areas of DTS (Infrastructure, Enterprise Security Office, etc.) to ensure that dependencies are being managed and adjustments are being made to communicate accurate project status.
• Oversee staff workload and provide opportunities for cross-system training.
• Provide on-going guidance, mentoring and provide feedback and motivation to project teams to ensure competent performance while adhering to department policies and procedures.
• Influence others; drive change from the top down.
Resource Planning/Support (10%)
• Collaborate with Project Resource teams to ensure that appropriate resources are available to meet current and future schedules.
• Collaborate with Application Development, Business Solutions, Infrastructure, Enterprise Security Office and Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure that scheduled tasks are being completed on time and with the required quality to support release schedules.
• Support planning efforts by assisting in preparation of high-level cost and resource estimates for proposed projects.
• Communicate with executive level client and vendor contacts to ensure customer satisfaction and long-term relationship building.
• Communicate project needs, status, and manage project related contract negotiations with executive level government contacts.
• Communicate accurate project status, requirements, and deliverables across the enterprise to ensure consistent understanding of project outcomes.
• Report on project accomplishments and champion enterprise wide recognition of significant work efforts and project achievements through presentations and by contributing toward employee and agency newsletters and bulletins.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
• Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging technology.
• Mentor less experienced project managers
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/ Management Information Systems (MIS), Engineering, or related field and five years of experience managing multiple technology-based products, coordinating schedules, and managing tasks or relevant experience with certification in computer science, information technology, or other related disciplines; or the equivalent combination of knowledge, training, and experience.
• Demonstrated proficient ability to execute activities with varying priorities while ensuring accurate and timely results.
• Demonstrated ability to influence those who are not direct reports to complete project deliverables and to make decisions impacting projects.
• Strong decision-making skills that allow teams to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Demonstrated experience with standard software development practices and concepts.
• Demonstrated advanced ability to operate using analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills.
• Demonstrated proficient ability to develop and promote effective working relationships with all levels of management
• Must possess written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to create and build an effective team, set challenging team goals, and provide leadership and motivation.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiating, and problem-solving skills. Preferred Qualifications: Current certification as PMP, PMI-ACP, Release Train Engineer (RTE) SAFe certification
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLIITES PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Perform work required for this position in an office environment.
• Remain sedentary for significant periods of time.
• Provide 24/7 support as needed.
• Must be able to use a personal computer.
• Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal formats (i.e. email, letters, etc.).
• Must be able to have a regular and predictable on-site attendance for a highly interactive role.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment.
• Ability to develop and lead a high performing team.
• Withstand moderate amounts of stress.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Possess proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
For more about this position, an SGC representative will be in touch immediately.