Full Time, Employee
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Data Integration Architects in support of various types of DW and Data Quality projects.
• Lead development and execution of unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
• Lead testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
• Perform complex coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
• Assist in defining and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
• Present solutions and represents the Data Integration development team in code reviews.
• Represent the Data Integration development team in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
• Oversee and enforce documentation of all code changes.
• Collaborate with Data Integration Architects in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
• Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
• Develop and refresh code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
• Collaborate with IT Project Management team to identify and evaluate risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
• Provide on-call support in support of Data Integration processes in production.
• Lead Data Integration development team in production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades and patches.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
• Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging trends.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/MIS, Engineering, or related field and five plus years of programing experience or the equivalent combination of skills, experience, and certification with experience.
• Hands-on experience with several industry leading programming languages.
• Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional databases, open systems servers and operating systems and scripting.
• Hands-on experience with industry leading ETL tools.
• Demonstrated understanding of system behaviors and functionality.
• Hands-on experience designing, building and supporting ETL code for populating dimensional databases.
• Hands-on experience with relational and dimensional databases.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
• Experience developing within an Agile environment.
• Understand concept of DevOps.
• Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
• Resent hands-on experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• May provide 24/7 support as needed
• Must be able to perform basic math.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment regularly.
• Perform work required for this position in an office environment.
• Remain sedentary for significant periods of time.
• Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal formats (i.e. email, letters, etc.).
• Must be able to have a regular and predictable on-site attendance for a highly interactive role.
• Must be able to use a personal computer.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting tight timelines.
• Ability to solve problem of the most complex technical nature.
• Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to mentor others.
• Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus.
• Ability to withstand a moderate amount of stress.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to synthesize and apply disparate pieces of information.
• Ability to assess and identify dependencies and actions needed to successfully perform work as assigned.
• Ability to stay current with new and emerging application development tools and languages.
Several years experience with SQL ensuring this experience is recent
Understanding of Relational and Dimensional Modeling.
Take initiative to get any work done. Even completing task outside of your job title
Informatica PowerCenter development
AWS Cloud Redshift
Ability to use PowerCenter and Sql to design efficient ETL code
Must be willing to take the lead for ETL best practices
Provide guidance to other ETL development staff
SAS, DB2, AIX, vi Editor, and Unix scripting
Knowledge and experience developing in an Agile environment,
Knowledge of Cloud and tools. S3, EC2, Python scripting, AWS Glue, AWS Athena
Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog usage, Informatica Data Quality experience
For more information about this position, an SGC representative will be in touch immediately.