Full Time, Employee
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Requirements Analyst participates in the creation of systems requirements for projects submitted by the IT Portfolio Management team in accordance with guidelines and standards established by the Office of Enterprise Architecture.
Duties include performing analysis of business requirements and seeking clarification on functional and non-functional requirements with appropriate resources. Requirements Analysts can also be leveraged in collaboration with development teams, architects, and User Experience (UX) designers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Requirements and Design (95%)
- Convert business requirements to technical requirements, leveraging change control processes and
- Participate in collaboration with architects, developers, testing, and Business Analyst (BA)/ Business Relationship Manager (BRM).
- Interface with UX team to develop solutions in line with business requirements and user interface needs of the Agency.
- Utilize established design methodologies and complete appropriate levels of
- Develop relationships with Business Analyst’s (BA) to ensure an understanding of business goals and strategies so that the department can accurately document requirements and use cases to help achieve these
- Contribute ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams, incorporating feedback as
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging
- Other duties as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/ Management Information Systems (MIS), Engineering, or related field and one plus years of experience in a technical environment or an equivalent combination of skills, experience with training and/or certification.
- Analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills with the strong attention to
- Ability to resolve problems professionally and
- Familiarity with software development practices and
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with tools for the documentation of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Flexible for occasional off-site travel
- Sedentary work (office environment).
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal formats (i.e. email, letters, ).
- Must be able to have a regular and predictable on-site attendance for a highly interactive
- Must be able to use a personal
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently and concentrate for long periods of time in a detailed
- Ability to communication with excellent written, verbal, and
- Ability to assess and identify dependencies and actions needed to successfully perform work through various teams.
- Ability to influence those whom are not direct reports across a broad spectrum of IT, business disciplines, end users, and upper