Full Time, Employee
Our client requires the services of a QA/Testing staff augmentation consultant to assist the business analysis staff in testing the gathered and documented system functional and business requirements for new development projects and enhancements to existing applications for system users. This consultant would also be expected to gather and document any additional requirements discovered as part of testing.
Our client utilizes both waterfall and agile project methodologies. As such, experience with both waterfall and agile project methodologies will be preferred.
1. Develops user acceptance test scripts.
2. Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) using Microsoft Test manager or any other software tools as required
3. Conducts system testing
4. Reviews and approves test results performed.
5. Prepares system change requests.
6. Troubleshoots system, data, or process problems.
7. Prepares queries and reports using various reporting software packages.
8. Executing all aspects of quality assurance and testing to ensure the highest possible quality in software and other IT systems releases into the production environment.
9. Work with other departments to identify, assess and coordinate the resolution of technical testing and quality assurance problems and issues.
10. Create and execute an end-to-end test plan;
11. Manage all activities in the test plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
12. Responsible for testing the solution in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other internal and/or external systems.
13. Provide feedback for production deployment review relating to production deployments readiness.
14. Attend requirements gathering and requirements review meetings to gain an understanding of the product to be tested.
15. Actively participate in business requirement and functional specification reviews by identifying and resolving any inconsistencies or insufficiencies.
16. Documenting requirements and updating documentation with any insufficiencies found in the business requirements/functional specifications.
17. Provide periodic reviews of testing results to cross-functional team members and management team.
18. Prepares queries and reports using various reporting software packages.
19. Performs related work as required.
Experience with entire software development life cycle and test cycles
Experience with writing effective test cases and test scripts
Experience with gathering, documenting and testing of business requirements
Experience with gathering, documenting and testing functional requirements
Experience in change management
Experience with Agile Development Methodology
Experience using the Test Manager
Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
For more information about this position, an SGC representative will be in touch immediately.