Full Time, Employee
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Manager ensures that projects assigned produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints and facilitates, within the parameters defined, full realization of benefits defined in the business case.
- Ensure the use of project management methodologies, systems and tools
- Ensure communication and interaction among the project team.
- Mentor and coach junior team members such as Project Leads.
- Gather, prepare, review and verify project estimates
- Provide leadership to the Project Management team with ultimate responsibility for meeting cost, schedule, quality, and contractual commitments from concept to launch.
- Accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken.
- Establish and communicate program timelines and action steps to the functional team, ensuring work breakdown into correct disciplines for each project.
- Manage workflow and timelines for internal clients’ immediate and long-term project management needs
- Identify staffing requirements based on project plan and ensure that staffing requirements are accurately communicated
- Provide leadership, recognition and maintain morale and motivation of project teams.
- Perform Project Management duties as necessary on significant strategic projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience; advanced degree is desirable
- 8-10 years of experience as a business operations manager, project manager, consultant and/or business analyst with an information technology background
- Develops and nurtures a strong, cohesive team of qualified and technically diverse staff
- Assumes a leadership role by inspiring and mobilizing others
- Builds partnerships with other organizations and individuals
- Communicates effectively with staff, program partners, agency management teams and guide long- and short-term planning processes
- Develops methods for evaluating program performance and outcomes
- PMP Certification Preferred