Full Time, Employee
The Master Scheduler is responsible for the implementation of standard processes, tools and program planning and control practices. This position will work within a team environment consisting of program management, technical, production, financial and other supporting staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong teambuilding skills, exhibit strong leadership potential, and possess comprehensive verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the development of the IMS Architecture in alignment with data management and reporting structures including the Statement of Work, the Work Breakdown Structure, CDRLs and major milestones.
- Ensure major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across functional groups.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Work in an MS Project Server environment.
- Load resources against schedules, analyze resource allocations and work with leadership to advise on leveling resources.
- Engage with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program, and suggests/creates/implements work arounds to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Perform risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Understand numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Provide interface/support to program office, leadership and less experienced personnel to achieve program objectives.
- Work with project team members to status schedules and update forecasted projections.
- Establish network logic through task dependencies, including inter-project linkages.
- Consolidate multiple projects into one in order to perform analysis across all individual projects.
- Review schedule status with leadership.
- Lead discussions relative to cost and schedule in Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Conduct Schedule Risk Assessments.
- Manage planning sessions for baseline development and forecasting.
- Conduct critical path analysis.
- Develop and/or follow organizational scheduling policies and industry best practices/guidelines (e.g., GAO Schedule Assessment Guide, PASEG, DI-MGMT-81861).
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc status reports and graphs depicting schedule status/performance and trend analysis.
- Establish cross schedule dependencies; integrate contractors and subcontractors into the IMS.
- Interact heavily with external customer and subcontractors.
- Create custom exports, imports, views, tables, filters and reports.