Full Time, Employee
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Functional Testing Analysts are responsible for completing individual Functional and System Integration Testing (SIT) projects and all required documentation. Within Functional Testing, coverage areas can include mainframe, web, and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications. As part of testing projects, the Functional Test Analyst interacts with other testing teams, requirements analysis teams, development teams, and IT Portfolio Management. Working under the guidance of the Manager of Functional Testing and the Functional Testing Lead, this position is responsible for complying with all established TCOE standards and processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Functional Testing (95%)
- Develop SIT/ Functional test cases; create and execute SIT/ Functional test
- Collaborate with Automation Analysts to execute automated test
- Log defects uncovered during Functional Testing and participate in Functional Test defect triage
- Support Functional Testing Lead in creation of test plan and timeline for assigned projects in Functional testing group.
- Assist Automation Leads and Automation Analysts in identifying manual test cases that can be
- Support Functional Testing Lead in preparing SIT/ Functional Testing Exit Reports for assigned
- Contribute to daily testing and defect status
- Collaborate with Test Data Lead and Test Data Analysts to identify test data requirements for assigned
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business Analysts (BA) in IT Portfolio Management organization to ensure an understanding of Functional Testing
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- Remain current on industry specific knowledge and emerging
- Other duties as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Management Information Systems (MIS), Engineering, or related field and one to two years of technical experience with an emphasis on testing or relevant experience with certification in computer science, information technology, or other related disciplines.
- Understanding of quality management and current testing trends and
- Understanding of data flows and underlying application architecture for assigned testing
- Experience with test management testing tools, including HP Quality
- Experience with capturing testing execution
- Familiarity of processes and procedures relating to application design and
- Written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Avoid the silo effect where a lack of communication can cause a change in one area of a system to adversely affect another area of the
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and promote effective working relationships with all levels of Agency
- Ability to assess and identify dependencies and actions needed to successfully perform work as
- Ability to be highly impactful while working as a
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new
- Ability to communicate with diverse business
- Ability to excel with minimal direct
Please send us your resume to learn more about this opportunities and many of our other openings. Susan Graham Consulting is looking forward to working with you.