Full Time, Employee
We have an immediate need for a DB2 LUW Database Administrator
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
This role provides technical support for database environments and supports the full system life cycle. This position performs at a moderate level of complexity with a high level of proficiency under general supervision. This position will function as a Database Administrator for a variety of operational and support databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database and System Administration (70%)
- Maintain existing databases by investigating factors such as storage requirements, access time, input/output frequencies, and unusual problems encountered by applications/systems analyst.
- Perform moderately complex database design tasks related to the establishment of the structure of a database including analysis, logical data model review, and physical database design.
- Maintain and manage database structure, backup and recovery, data propagation (replication), and performance monitoring/tuning.
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies, skills, and methods to proactively manage databases.
- Determine table attributes, primary, and alternate keys for multiple databases.
- Install and upgrade software to enhance database performance.
- Monitor database activity and file usage.
- Troubleshoot root cause of database issues and recommend solutions or workaround.
- Implement database monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database.
- Interact with staff from areas outside of Management Information System (MIS) to participate in and/or organize projects that are short/long term.
- Work with third party vendors to review installation prerequisites, database sizing, and support database installation of the product.
Project Management and Communication (25%)
- Serve as Database Administrator for projects of varying complexity.
- Partner with other Information Technology (IT) personnel within the department units, functional users and vendors to provide guidance, manage project implementation or users support.
- Participate and/or take a lead role with the infrastructure and database configurations/changes, upgrades and etc. that are moderately complex in nature with a high level of proficiency.
- Test and ensure that systems and databases are developed and implemented according to all published standards.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES Other (5%)
- Responsible for documentation, tracking, controlling, & prioritizing open projects.
- Research, test and install new database related software.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree and two to five years of experience or any combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Working knowledge and application of database concepts.
Competent skills to debug and dig deeply into one specific task to uncover root cause and provide solution(s).
Hands on experience supporting DB2 LUW 10.5 and 11.1 DB2 LUW Database Administrator 12-19-2017
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in physical data modeling, database design principals, programming.
- Track record analyzing moderately complex information to draw alternative conclusions.
- Proven ability to learn and support new hardware, software and operating systems and apply innovative business solutions.
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about complex technical subjects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development of a data strategy and associated policies. Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with DB2 LUW V10.5 and V11.1, DB2 performance monitoring and tuning.