Full Time, Employee
We have an immediate need for a full-time CPC, Certified Professional Coder. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing medical records to assure proper billing of the medical record, comparison of physician chosen CPT and ICD-10 codes to the physicians’ documentation to substantiate the level of coding, physician services to include identification of professional services in and complete review of medical records to accurately.
The Certified Professional Coder (CPC) will provide quality review and analysis of a wide range of patient medical records and ensure accuracy of coding and maintain records in accordance with accepted medical and legal standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review of electronic medical records initiated by a health care provider.
- Coding of paper based records may need to be accomplished.
- Verifying and coding of the diagnosis, evaluation and management, procedures or other codes required for the completeness and accuracy of the record.
- Review and verify component parts of medical records to ensure completeness and accuracy of diagnosis, operations, and special therapeutic procedures.
- Codes and/or reviews principal diagnosis, co-morbidities, complications, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, supplies, materials, injections, and drugs with International Classification of Diseases (ICD9), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Heath Care Financing Administration Common Procedure Coding Systems (HCPCS – all levels, and any other coding classification systems that may be required).
- Perform edit checks on data entered prior to transmittal and corrects errors as indicated.
- Analyze medical record documentation for consistency and completeness for coding purposes using established criteria and regulations.
- Examine all documents in the record for authorized signature and patient identification to ensure all documents contain sufficient documentation to support the diagnosis and treatment administered, and the results obtained are adequately described.
- Identify Third Party Billing information per Data Quality Directives and identify lack of proper documentation to on site auditor or clinical and Data Quality Staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) is required.
- One (1) – three (3) years of coding experience in ICD-10, CPT, and E&M coding in a hospital or healthcare setting.
- Must have knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary data.
- Must possess a valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Must be able to handle the most complex administrative duties.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please submit your online application and an SGC representative will be in touch soon.