Full Time, Employee
The primary responsibility of this Technical Specialist (TS) is to develop, facilitate and conduct end user training for the upgrade of CADD software (Bentley MicroStation, InRoads SS2/SS3 to OpenRoads SS4/Connect, including revised workspace and work flow. The candidate must possess a solid understanding of the processes associated with civil engineering design and have current skills in Bentley software listed below:
- Storm and Sanitary/Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)/Subsurface Utility Design and Analysis (SUDA)
- OpenRoads Technology for Survey and Roadway Design
- iPlot and iPlot Organizer
- Trimble Business Center
Other responsibilities include:
- Design training plans that deliver large-scale transformation that achieve Department-wide adoption and proficiency for approximately 600 end users
- Collaborate with team members to:
- Develop customized training materials to address needs.
- Identify appropriate business examples to illustrate key concepts/features.
- Identify and document business practices that maximize efficiency.
- Develop and conduct customized training for additional applications as needed.
- Coordinates training reviews to verify that designed trainings meet quality standards, functional/ technical requirements and user needs.
- Works with team members to anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues with current training and develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Documents all work for future reference.
- Follows quality standards.
Travel requirements: Approximately 50% of time will involve traveling throughout the Commonwealth of PA. During the training phase, consecutive weekly travel will be required for 4-6 months. Expenses will be reimbursed
- Strong oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Knowledge of civil design process.
- Two years (four years desired) working knowledge and support experience which includes technical understanding, creation/maintenance of user documentation and training, in Computer Aided Drafting and Design Engineering Software.
- Minimum of one year experience in delivering live multi-day training classes for highly technical civil design software.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for consecutive work weeks to conduct multi-day training classes at various locations.
- Two year minimum (four years preferred) working knowledge of the following:
- Bentley MicroStation, InRoads and InRoads Survey civil design software.
- One year minimum (two years preferred) working knowledge of the following:
- Bentley civil design software: OpenRoads, Storm and Sanitary, Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)/ Subsurface Utility Design and Analysis (SUDA), IPlot and IPlot Organizer.
Trimble Business Center
- Minimum of one year experience in developing customized training materials for classroom, instructor led and web-based training classes.
- Experience in developing comprehensive user documentation.