Full Time, Employee
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
We are seeking an IT BI Reporting Development Support Specialist to join our team. The Business Intelligence/Reporting Development Support Specialist position supports all users of Business Intelligence/Reporting Tools. Collaborating with different user groups, they assist with educating on best coding practices and play an assistant advisory role for application design of any and all application created by the Enterprise Data Architecture & Information Management Center of Excellence (EDA & IM CoE ). Also, this position assists with setting up users and projects within the Information Server software. This position performs at a moderate level of complexity with a moderate level of proficiency under minimal supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Software User support
- Conduct program reviews to ensure best coding practices are being adhered to and make recommendation for coding structured query language (SQL) improvements when
- Troubleshoot moderately complex problems for in-house warehouse customers such as coding, scheduling, and code migration problems, getting to the root cause to facilitate solving the problem to develop and implement a
- Provide guidance and assistance to statistical analysis system (SAS) & Cognos developers on operational and technical issues, as well as development best
- Maintain technical expertise within the software specifically assigned to
- Collaborate with remote warehouse clients to help with solving moderately complex issues that may arise, job scheduling, user access through Associate Provisioning System (APS), code promotion
- Create Tech Review documentation for the software specifically assigned to
- Administer and participate in program review evaluation done by less senior staff, when needed.
- Assist with the creation of installation design and direction for usage of software assigned to support.
- Manage security setup within software used by the EDA & IM
- Create new projects when requested using the IBM InfoSphere Information Server suite of tools.
Configure and upgrade/fixes to software
- Collaborate with senior staff to coordinate the implementation of various platforms that house SAS software including but not limited to supplying install instructions, problem resolution documentation and performing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics and two to four years of experience with data warehouse, dimensional & relational data modeling design or a combination of training/certification and two years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated proficient experience with such tool as SAS and IBM
- Proficient experience with completing administrative tasks in IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management, IBM InfoSphere Information Server suite of
- Proficient experience in any one of the following programming languages (COBOL, VB, Java, C (any variation), ).
- Demonstrated proficient experience with moderate to complex SQL (DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, etc).
- Effective communication skills necessary to make yourself understood when speaking about complex technical
- Track record of managing multiple activities with varying priorities while ensuring accurate and timely
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-platform
- Proven ability to focus on details for extended periods of
- Proficient in Microsoft Office