Full Time, Employee
SUMMARY OF JOB
This role is responsible for the ongoing design and development of the Business Intelligence Platform Foundation in order to provide a wide variety of end-user, self-service analytical content and features within the context of a controlled environment. Business Intelligence Systems Developers provide both technical and functional support to business users and technical project teams. They work closely with the business SME to ensure proper procedure /process, determine and build requirements for future enhancements, answer user community questions concerning application functionality, identify production issues and provide resolution for those issues.
Business Intelligence Systems Developers will periodically be asked to serve as mentors to associate level associates
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of the WebFOCUS suite of tools. Assists users with questions or problems. May help perform system backups and recovery and install new software.
- Coordinates the deployment of new code that has been cleared through standard Change Control procedure
- Work with business to formulates and defines application systems scope and objectives.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of the systems supported and user needs, including: workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify the systems supported.
- Creates detailed test plan.
- Executes test plan and documents test statistics, metrics, and results.
- Creates reports to support business decisions.
- Develops utility applications that can be leveraged by end-users to enhance their ability to create and publish their own analytical content
- Must maintain high level of technical competence in the systems supported; including pushing creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- Evaluates new applications and modules for suitability in addressing company informational and analytical needs, and facilitates their integration into the available library of intelligence toolsets.
- Demonstrate good organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in systems analysis and/or application development,
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing reports and dashboards for end users
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing data integrations between systems
- Working knowledge of supported applications (WebFOCUS, DataMigrator, Oracle database development, SQL Server)
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to think beyond boundaries for solutions of issues and user request.
- Ability to understand emerging practices and technology in both the software and the hardware