Full Time, Employee
Application / Integration Architect
JOB PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Application /Integration Architect provides technical expertise in the design, development and implementation of new features or enhancements to systems/applications, creation of integration architecture guidelines, standards and common services and middleware solutions that support the needs of the business. The Application/Integration Architect participates with the other architect roles in efforts to conceptualize new and/or enhanced applications, interpret business requirements, and design solutions and ensuring quality delivery of code. The Application/Integration Architect provides oversight and leadership to development team(s) and assists developers in resolving technical issues that may arise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Application Architecture (70%)
- Interpret business and technical requirements to define and document solutions that meet functional and non- functional business needs.
- Articulate the functional and non-functional requirements of systems to development and project
- Lead and guide developers during the project lifecycle to ensure application standards and principles are being followed and reusable solutions are being
- Mentor developers concerning varied areas that impact development within the project lifecycle (i.e. coding structure, performance design and technology considerations)
- Design application architecture solutions that deliver functionality and/or capabilities that satisfy corresponding business requirements. May be guided by Solution Architects regarding architecture solutions during project architecture design and
- Consult with Solution Architects in the development of holistic
- Provide guidance to development teams on which frameworks and source code to use for
- May interact with product vendors/suppliers.
- Ensure compliance of architecture standards set forth by Enterprise
- Aid in the development of patterns with required
- Design solutions that consider the budget and understand Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) and Operational Expenditures (OPEX) impacts of those
- Participate as a member of development
Integration Architecture (25%)
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other architecture viewpoints to derive the integration architecture future
- Lead the development of integration solutions for application of appropriate technology to business
- Lead the analysis of the current integration architecture environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends integration solutions for
- Support the development of metrics to measure and demonstrate application and integration architecture
- Support Enterprise Architecture services to the business before and during project delivery (e.g. t-shirt sizing, scoping, requirements gathering, testing).
- Create and maintain documentation for integration
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- Remain current on industry specific technologies and emerging
- Other duties as
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Engineering, or related field and 10+ years of related experience or the equivalent knowledge, experience, or training.
- Adept at problem solving and the translation of business needs into application architecture deliverables
- Familiarity of The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- Has familiarity in developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based services within medium to highly complex application
- Experience with architectural abstractions, integration with design, and integration
- Demonstrated understanding of system behaviors and
- Experience in creating and defining new architectural models and explaining complex problems and
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and supporting high-performing J2EE
- Experience developing mainframe
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business
- Understanding of Web
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NoSQL)
- Excellent verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to stay current with new and emerging application architecture styles and
- Must have highly developed analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to focus attention on
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Ability to promote and support a consistent, professional, customer focus and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to direct and influence a consistent, professional, customer